Walls and Floors
- Improved UI
- Creating openings around curtain walls is now easier
- Opening marker creation has been streamlined
- Create openings around curved walls
- Ability to add more members to H-Stud packs.
- New options for Sill track and Header track opening markers.
- Create template maps for floors, roofs and ceilings
- Modify specific studs in floor joists.
- Increased user functions in the floor module
- Horizontally tiled and staggered layouts
- Specify sheathing start
- ‘Break at Bounds’ optimization
- Improved UI
- Single node webbing
- Partial Chord bracing
Stakeholders in the offsite and prefab sectors increasingly propound the benefits of prefab techniques versus conventional on-site methods.
Cost savings, faster delivery, improved worker safety along with reduced material wastage, are often cited as the hallmark benefits of prefab construction methods.
Despite its value proposition, the prefab sector’s push for a more rapid pace of adoption faces hesitation from buyers and investors in the North American market.
We’ve redesigned menu icons to better visually represent what each tool does, and make it easier for you to select the right tool quickly.
Creating openings around curtain walls is now easier
MWF’s built-in clash detection tool now recognizes curtain walls and allows you to automatically create an opening in the correct position, helping increase workflow efficiency. Previously users had to manually create openings after detecting curtain wall clashes.
This functionality can be enabled by going into the curtain wall’s ‘Type Properties’ menu and ensuring the ‘automatically embed’ property has been checked.
It is also possible to create openings around curved walls. After selecting the clash detection tool, in the ‘cut opening tolerance’ menu, select the ‘arced walls’ option.
Opening marker creation has been streamlined
Instead of manually creating markers around the position of the opening, you can now specify the opening marker types that you want to apply before running your clash detection.
After you have selected the elements to run the clash detection tool on, in the ‘cut opening tolerance’ menu, you can choose an opening marker type from the dropdown menu.
Create openings around curved walls
Creating openings around curved walls is now possible. After selecting the clash detection tool, in the ‘cut opening tolerance’ menu, select ‘arced walls’ option.
Ability to add up to additional members to H-Stud packs
Users can now add up to 4 members to their H-studs. Once you have created H-stud markers on your panel, in the ‘Marker Manager’ menu, go to the ‘wall’ tab and select your H stud pack.
In the H stud pack menu, you can now select up to 4 members to be added to the stud pack.
*Best practise – do not override an existing stud, instead duplicate to create new types!
New options for Sill track and Header track opening markers.
Users have access to newer options such as – sill track, sill track connection, Op angle and Subassembly for their sill track and header track opening markers.
- Go to ‘marker manager’ > ‘Multisystem marker’ under ‘sill’ tab. You will notice the option to ‘Override template settings’ allowing you to use different sill track family members than those available in the original template.
- In the sill track connection setting, you can choose to use short cripple studs, define their length, and choose their corresponding family member.
- The op angle setting allows you to place a clip at the position of the short cripple,
- The last option in the list allows you to create a SubAssembly for your sill track members..
How Can Revit Framing Software Help?
The MWF product line has built in features to help the offsite builder. MWF allows users to accelerate the modeling, engineering and production of wood and light gauge steel framing inside the Revit® environment. From there users can upload their framed projecta to our cloud production management software, ONYX to easily sequence the production of their panels, create stacking configurations and edit CNC output.
Here’s a glance at StrucSoft’s modular capabilities:
For more information on our products or design services, visit strucsoftsolutions.com, email us at info@strucSoftsolutions.com or call us at 514-538-6862
StrucSoft Solutions| Graitec Group is the market leader in comprehensive Autodesk® Revit®-based BIM framing, with both off-the-shelf and custom solutions targeting the AEC and fabrication sectors. Our star solution MWF simplifies complex Revit® framing with its powerful range of tools for modeling, inter-trade clash detection, custom construction documentation and optional output to CNC machines.